Friday, November 18, 2011

15 November 2011


Hiding at the lake for a few days, posts will be retrospective.

Just made a run into Laketown for some caffeine. Also decided to supplement the nutritious benefits of Coca Cola Classic with a pint of Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked. Oh, and that all-important generic CVS Ibuprofen. For some reason, and it might be the incoming weather front, the top of my head and behind my forehead has been hurting since late last night. The medical student in me freaks out that I’m having a subdural hematoma by way of aneurysm…but two days the later the medical student in me says that I would be dead by now if that were the case, or at least have some sort of motor impairment. Right?

Coming back from town I was reminded why I don’t live here anymore: the drivers would give me the aneurysm I was concerned about if I had to drive here full time again. HIYA Lady stops at a green light because I don’t know why, and then she doesn’t pull to the right when an ambulance is coming…DUMBASS! = YOU. Then I get behind an astutely clever gal whose probably-perpetually confused expression I could see in her side view mirror. She proceeds to put her turn indicator on and slow down to 30 mph almost a mile before her turn (and there were no other turns on the road)…and as if that wasn’t enough, comes to a complete stop in order to make a ninety-degree turn (with no other car for miles…other than me that is). Ugh, I swear people need to take an idiot test before being allowed to drive or reproduce.


A typical day of studying right now is looking like this.
I do my best to get up before 8am, some days I’m more successful than others. No later than 10 I want to be plugging away. I learned a long time ago that I’m not good for much more than one solid hour of studying at a time, and then I need at least a half hour to let all that information process and sort (through the Papez circuit thank you very much) itself out. Then I go again. And it continues like this until either I’m so frustrated with a concept I cannot see straight, or I get through the daily allotment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment