Monday, July 1, 2013

Don't Know What to Do with Myself

It's been a little over two weeks since I took CK, and true to form I'm still unwinding from it. I'm only recently becoming aware of the levels of stress and pressure I experience and impose upon myself when I prepare for and take an exam like that. Well it turns out I'm still unwinding. I don't really know what to do with myself, and I'm still trying to piece my routine back together. It's weird. There is still a pile of laundry waiting to be folded because I got out of the habit of folding my laundry for about a month. My floors have been vacuumed and cleaned, but I still feel like what am I not doing??? It doesn't help that I have to be a bit stingy with my cash for the next few weeks. Blargh.

Infectious disease has been interesting and simultaneously boring. It's been more discussion than medicine, but at the same time that's important in this field. My attending must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle because the man can talk. And talk and talk and talk and talk. He spent nearly half an hour talking today about seemingly everything and nothing. Topics seamlessly shifted and blended together. All the while I couldn't help but thinking that this is a man who mentions he doesn't get home until after 9 some nights...and in the four hours I spent with him today almost half were just mindless talking. He'd surely get home at a "normal" hour (should he want to) just by halving the chatter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment