Sunday, December 9, 2012

Back to overnight kvetching...

Tonight is the first of what promises to be many overnight calls over the next five weeks for OB. It feels quite strange to be at the hospital at night (or at all rather) without Awesome Partner. We were partners for six months, side by side throughout the day. Awesome Partner has finished her scheduled rotations for now at Chicago Hope Hospital, and I remain. I miss working with her, because we worked well together. I made my way to the call room to deposit my things--not to sound lazy but I am not staying awake overnight if I don't need to, so if I can catch a few hours of sleep to guanratee I'll function the next day, I'm going to make use of the facilities provided--and the smell of the hallway took me straight back to working overnights during Internal Medicine, and all those quiet hours walking the halls and doing admits with Awesome Partner.

...here's to you Awesome Partner. Stay tuned for more kvetching...

No comments:

Post a Comment