Thursday, February 2, 2012

No way, Jose.


As I sit here in my bed, with Will & Grace on TV (a show until four weeks ago I hadn't watched more than a combined fifteen minutes), I found myself browsing not only over my own old writings, but another blog that I stumbled across when I was looking up information about going to medical school. Just reading about the tests, the stress, the heat, the sweat, the tests, the stress, the tests, the stress, the tests, the stress...oh...wait...I already said that. Moving on. Just reading about it was giving me a cramp. 

I started to think about everything that I (and others) did and the thought of doing it all over again makes me to want to buy a one way ticket to Bhutan and just forget it all. Do I regret it? Absolutely not. Would I do it again? I don't know that I could unless I had developed an all-encompasing amnesia. I don't think I could do it again with the knowledge that I had done it before. The constant pressure of yet another exam, coupled with the sole purpose of your being directly linked to doing nothing but sitting in a corner studying for, and then passing said exam can be absolutely toxic. I know I've got more to come, but I'm entering a different stage of my medical education. I will be communicating and working with real people on a daily basis. I know I will have lectures, and I know I will have tests, but my days are certain to be more dynamic, and feel more purposeful. I can't wait.

Now back to apartment hunting...

No comments:

Post a Comment