Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crabby...

Listening to "Leave a Light On" by Belinda Carlisle because I am in a foul mood, and need something sappy to lift my spirits. I guess it's a good thing I'm not in full-blown kvetch mode. I didn't get much sleep last night because I thought it would be a good idea to try to sleep on the couch at the lake. Bad idea. I slept ok, but not as much as I would've liked. Then after getting up we set to cleaning all the carpets in the house. Two floors of carpet...oh goody. We have two carpet machines, but one of them chose not to work properly, which in the interests of time meant I had to go rent one for the day. Even better. So now, after a day of carpet cleaning I'm testy and want to bite just about everybody's head off. On the plus side the house smells so fresh and airy. We had the windows open on both sides of the house and the breeze coming off the lake went right through the house.

I'm ready to go. I want to go. I want my complete and total schedule so I can stop wondering what it is and freaking myself out because I don't have it. Some might say "mind over matter, fool" but yeah, sometimes that's easier said than done. Part of me still expects the clinical department to say "BAZINGA! Just kidding you're not going to Chicago, despite all our emails to the contrary." I probably just need to chill out, and stop being myself.

...totally loving Belinda Carlisle right now. I've repeated it three times while I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment