Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sad News

I found out today that an online pen pal died early on Saturday after a three year battle with stomach cancer. I'm not sure how to feel because I had never met him. We had talked about hanging out, but one of us was always off somewhere, so it never worked out. But we talked a lot. He was always positive and had a good sense of humor. He had a particular knack for rewriting the lyrics to some of my favorite Stevie Nicks songs. His new lyrics were somewhat, er, colorful, but I always had a laugh. I'll miss talking to you my friend. Rest in peace. It's just so sad. It's such a waste. Twenty-four years old. In what is perhaps going to become an all-too-common occurrence, it is bizarre looking at the Facebook pictures of someone who just died, and have them be your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment