Monday, February 25, 2013

Cores: Done

This past week I completed the last of my core rotations, psychiatry, and my last currently-scheduled rotation at Chicago Hope Hospital. (I will be moving up the street to another hospital for the foreseeable future, Chicago Memorial Hospital). This is a very weird feeling. It feels like only yesterday I walked into the Family Practice clinic shaking, terrified, without a clue what was going to happen to me. I walked out of the psych clinic much more confident that I still don't know diddley squat, but I know how to find out, and work, and learn. I completed six rotations in forty-eight weeks, with a maximum of forty-eight hours in between them. It has been a whirlwind. 

Friday night, many of the people I worked with at Chicago Hope Hospital gathered for a farewell dinner. Many of them were leaving this past weekend, and several others are to leave in the coming days. It's a bit sad. Many of the friends I've made will be staying in Chicago, so the transition into electives won't be completely foreign. Here's to a four week recharge, Step 2 CS, and a trip to New York. Beyond that I'm not thinking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment