Sunday, November 25, 2012

I Never Want to See Food Again...

Having been Thanksgiving, and unable to go back to Atlanta due to the fact that I had to be at Chicago Hope Hospital the next day, I spent the weekend eating.

Thursday I made oyster dressing and mac'n'cheese for a group of eight. At the same dinner we had, for eight people, an 18lb turkey, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, mashed butternut squash, deviled eggs, my dressing and mac'n'cheese, and multiple pies and cakes for dessert. I ate until it literally hurt to move. Not the best idea, was it? The next day I ate a fair bit of dressing just because it seemed like a good idea. My friends and I then went to the Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park. It was very pretty.

Saturday, I met up with some friends from the island who were in Chicago for the weekend. We had Korean BBQ for lunch, ice cream, and then Polish food (a first for me) for dinner. If you've never had Polish food, it's very heavy and very filling. I have some leftovers that I'll take for lunch on Monday.

Today said friends and I met for brunch in Logan Square, and then explored the Mile for a bit, and then had deep dish pizza.

I never want to see food again...

No comments:

Post a Comment