Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Night

It was a nasty night weather-wise in Chicago last night. I didn't want to go anywhere, and was fortunate that  a few friends and I watched the returns from my place. We were all over the place on our political ideas, and yet we all managed to get along and have a good time, understanding this is the process that has kept us going. I looked out the window this morning and the sky was still up there.  Life will go on, and the world will continue turning.

I can't recall how many people I wanted to smack over the last few months for various idiotic things posted on Facebook basically saying "You should vote for X because if you don't it will be the end of America" or "Well because your this, this, or that, then you should vote for Y because how can you vote for X if you believe what you believe??!?"  Really? You’ve apparently decided that I am incapable of making up my own mind. Elections and airport security highlight just how stupid and short-sighted people can really be. 

-- "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." ~   George Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment