Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Carnival...and clouds...

The grand occasion of Carnival was spent mostly doing diddly squat. We had a three day weekend so I was welcome to leisurely review material and preread for the coming week. I mostly did that, substituting an entire season of Dexter for the last twenty slides of that Basal ganglia lecture. Having already seen how wonderfully half-assed this country celebrates things like it's 30th independence, I wasn't all to enticed to go stand around and see the other half of the town stand around and yell at the half that's always standing there. It's kinda weird. They yell at each other on the streets, but they almost whisper when in the stores/banks/restaurants. Also, the only people who seem to dance are the people who have no business shaking what they have. The people who don't have anything to shakes seem to not dance. It's interesting. After spending six hours in the bed watching Dexter and reading about the epithelium of the oral cavity I decided food would be a good idea. So I went to Subway, and somehow ended up at Epic Fail's house, where I ended up staying for like six hours. Epic Fail had the same books I did, so I ended up reading physio and neuro for most of the afternoon, so it was a mostly productive day. I felt like I learned/read a good bit, so whatever. It also ended up raining off and on most of the day, which is OF COURSE a perfect excuse to lounge away the day like a beached whale. I talked to a few people in the Subway line who had gone to Roseau and they said it was an organizational mess (surprise surprise). I guess I'll save my Carnival experience for Rio...

This morning on the way to class I was nearly knocked over by a cloud of marijuana smoke that seemed to come out of nowhere. I was walking down the river on my road to class and was just overcome by the smell. It wasn't the usual whiff/trace that we normally get at any random moment walking down the road. It was full on OMG I'M IN A CLOUD OF MARIJUANA SMOKE AND I HAVE NOWHERE TO RUN. I thought I felt a slight buzz for a few minutes afterward...Seriously, the murderer guy must have been smoking a rope of weed down there. Ok, now that I've seriously overblown that one...

1 comment:

  1. I love my pseudonym, Monkey with a Handgun!

    :-P

    -E

    ReplyDelete