Monday, December 14, 2009

Nerdy Song translation

Ok, so, I heard the song "What's Love Got to Do With It?" while I was studying for histology/physiology a day or two ago (I thought I'd catch a ride) and the first line sent off this chain of events. I am a complete and total geek/nerd/epic failure ;)

"You must understand that the touch of your hand makes my pulse react"

Translation: the sensation of your epidermis on my epidermis via Meissner's corpuscles increases my sympathetic innervation and makes me tachycardic.

"It's only the thrill, of boy meeting girl that opposites attract"

Translation: Your pheromones are initiating a subconscious response...

"It's physical"

Translation: It is ingrained in my physiology, and cannot be helped

"Only logical"

Translation: such a topic will never find itself on a behavioral and/or Doctor Patient Society question

"You must try to ignore that it means more than that"

Translation: Psychiatry is a joke ;)

Ok, you must be shaking your head by now. Worry not, for I am too, and was the minute that popped into my head. However, it tells me that I am indeed learning...something... If you get me and/or my sense of humor this should come as no surprise, but just in case you don't -- I'm sorry, but not really. I am what I am. Learn to live with me, or give me a lobotomy...

No comments:

Post a Comment