Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I'm going through a member's benefits, and he finds out that diabetes monitoring was not covered as preventative care.
Guy on the phone: "Well...You know what, now that you mention it, I think they misdiagnosed me. I don't think I have diabetes then!"
Me: "Well sir, I'm not your doctor so that would be between you and your doctor to discuss. If you think you need a second opinion that's between you and your doctor."
Member: "Yeah well, you're not gonna write any of that down are you??"
Me: "Sir, at this point I haven't written anything down, and you don't have to discuss anything you don't want to."
Member: "Yeah, well I don't have diabetes."
Member is 6'4 340 lbs...yeah dude, it's absolutely impossible that you'd have diabetes.

Later I got a call that made my day.

"You're a breath of fresh hair. Don't ever let anybody change you. It was a pleasure to talk with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment