Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stop and Smell the Flowers

Tonight at the gym I was about 15 minutes into a 45 minute run, fiddling with my headphones when a small lady next to me started up a conversation. I'd never had that happen to me at the gym, nor am I usually in a chatty mood when I know I'm about to sweat out 6 miles. But I figured why not at least answer her question and be friendly. What harm? I had seen her in there before, doing her thing. I turned off my Richard Marx/Whitney Houston/Spice Girls playlist and We ended up having about a fifteen minute conversation, and it was quite pleasant. I didn't feel encumbered, or out of my zone without my frantic music. It was an unexpected, yet pleasant encounter. We talked about quite a few things: her grandchild, bagels, iPhones, and credit cards. When she was done she smiled and went about her way. Smell the flowers folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment