Thursday, June 28, 2012

On to Round 3

This past week I began the third of my six rotations. This is a twelve week rotation of Internal Medicine. It is split up into three parts of four weeks: the first involves rounding with the hospitalist. The second night calls (can't wait). The third is ICU and outpatient. The first part, to date has been very interesting. Some days have more patients than others.
I am paired with the same person for the entire twelve weeks, and thus far I think we have gelled quite well. She is very knowledgeable and thorough, and has done a few more rotations than I have. This is good because she has so far pushed me a fair bit. I need that. I like that, and I appreciate that. We actually live a block apart so that's nice in the sense that it is easy to share transportation and study, as well as coordinate social activities as well. No complaints there. The hospitalist we are rotating with is terrific. She gives us a great deal of information and wants us to learn. I think that's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment