Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I paid attention during anatomy lectures!!!

During an attempt to assist a resident insert a catheter on a ten month old, I thought that she was inserting the catheter in a little low...as in the vagina and not the urethra (look it up if you're not familiar with the difference...it's astonishing how many women aren't). At first I didn't say anything because 1) she's the resident and 2) I can't say I make a habit out of looking at underaged private parts--yes, I think (hope) that most balanced individuals are a bit wary and cautious of children and their parts. So I waited until attempt two went the way of attempt one--the catheter curled its way back out. I then asked if that was the vagina or the urethra. And it turns out this time I was correct.
Yay me...I can identify a ten month-old's urethra...Awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment