Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nutty Day

Today I actually got to do it a fair bit because we were running behind from pretty much the outset (blasted walk-ins!). Pretty much all the straightforward stuff the Doctor let me handle pretty much on my own, and then she'd come behind me and make sure I covered all the bases. 

One thing I am enjoying about this doctor is the fact that in many cases she is already treating me as a colleague (albeit it's obvious she's the teacher, and I am the student). There have been cases where she is legitimately asking my opinion about a medication or the case of a small boy whose foreskin was incredibly tight. It takes me aback to a degree that a mere peon in the health system is to be consulted. She asked me to accompany her on house calls as well, which is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment