Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mostly settled in...

It's been about a week since I left Atlanta for Chicago, and it has taken several days to get everything into some semblance of order. By order I mean unpacking the dozen or so boxes that accompanied my heavy-butt furniture. It would've easily taken an extra day had we schlepped the furniture up here ourselves.

As for my apartment so far I'm very happy with it. It has three large closets, all of which I have filled up with crap. One of the projects for the next few days is to get some semblance of organization into at least one of them, and hopefully throw away a good bit of the useless junk that I'm sure made it in there. I have an amazing view, unobstructed from a very high floor. From my bedroom I have a particularly excellent view of the downtown skyline, which is about three miles away, and Wrigley Field, which is about three blocks away. We'll see if that gets annoying during baseball season. I have been trying to get out of my apartment at least a few hours every day, and get comfortable with the various bus routes and train stop (colloquially called the "el"). So far I haven't really had many issues.

I am, however, NEW to Netflix (I know, luckyone bounds into the twentieth century), and already have a queue longer than FDR's tenure in office.

No comments:

Post a Comment