Friday, March 19, 2010

Pet Sounds

My toilet broke the other day. The bulb that turns off the toilet when the water level was high enough, the arm broke. I told the landlord about it and he promptly replaced it. I have a good landlord, hence why I've renewed my lease for a second time. Anyway, they replaced with a device that instead of having the floating bulb-arm thing, it's all in one, and the floater is on the apparatus that lets the water in. So it's a more compact unit. One problem though: the new unit is uber-sensitive to the water fluxes, and as a result it turns on for like two seconds ALL THE TIME. It now sounds like mating whales or elephants or something in my bathroom. Usually it doesn't bother me but sometimes I have to turn the toilet off in at night if I can't drown it out.

1 comment:

  1. I have an image in my head now of you laying in bed at night, all is quiet, you're just getting into alpha-wave sleep... when... "OOOOOOOooooooooooaooooooosssaaaaaooooooohhhhh!!!" THE WHALES ARE MATING AGAIN!!!

    *snickers*

    -E

    p.s. why won't your blog let me comment as my livejournal name? It's weird, I can only post as anonymous...

    ReplyDelete