Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Annoyed

I sat down this morning at Rituals for a late breakfast, early lunch before tackling a LONG day's work/stuff/hell/entanglements/etc/etc. Just as I was getting underway reading all about the uterus and ovarian duct the "news" show--HLN network for anyone who cares--came on with this celebrity dog squeeze about Kim Kardashian (who?) and Demi Moore (ok, I actually know who that is). Three or four "commentators" proceeded to inject their opinions into this "fued" over the song "Big Pimpin'". After the realization that I had actually been watching this drivel and then a second realization that I had actually been paying attention a small part of my soul died. It died for those three or four commentators' pitiful existence. It died for the brain drain television that we're subjected to and the people who would rather watch that drivel and its American Idol, Survivor, Desperate Housewives ilk. Shortly before I could scramble my headphones to drown out this mind-numbing hogwash a story came on about how Levi Johnson (remember him, Sarah Palin's daughter's baby's father) was going to, in his own words, "slam" Sarah Palin's current show. At that point I literally wanted to rip the television off the wall. Thankfully common sense and a heavy dose of ear-splitting techno put an end to that idea. Then a new idea came into my head: Can we please send Sarah Palin and her cronies, and all of those numbskulls turning their lives upside down over Kim Kardashian to some shack in the Alaskan tundra? Then I thought, well, there might not be many people left. Frankly, I'd settle for Sarah Palin and her cronies because they have the potential to actually make decisions...and that disturbs me immensely.

1 comment:

  1. "Can we please send Sarah Palin and her cronies, and all of those numbskulls turning their lives upside down over Kim Kardashian to some shack in the Alaskan tundra?"

    Amen.

    And you're welcome for the ear-splitting techno. ;-)

    ReplyDelete