Thursday, March 26, 2009

Some explanations.

Current song: the Right Na Na Na Na Na Na song by Akon.


I guess I could explain where the title of my blog comes from. It is a line from the song, "Sometimes it's a Bitch" by Stevie Nicks. I don't remember who wrote it, but when I first heard it I thought to myself, hmm, sounds right. So that has been my theme song du jour (they can change so often) for a good while now. Maybe I shouldn't say theme song du jour until it begins to change regularly again?



Well I've run through rainbows and castles of candy

I cried a river of tears from the pain

I try to dance with what life has to hand me

My partner's been pleasure...my partner's been pain

There are days when I swear I could fly like an eagle

And dark desperate hours that nobody sees

My arms stretched triumphant on top of the mountain

My head in my hands...down on my knees



Sometimes it's a bitch...sometimes it's a breeze

Sometimes love's blind...and sometimes it sees

Sometimes it's roses...and, sometimes it's weeds

Sometimes it's a bitch...sometimes it's a breeze



I've reached in darkness and come out with treasure

I've laid down with love and I woke up with lies

What's it all worth only the heart can measure

It's not what's in the mirror...but what's left inside



Sometimes it's a bitch...sometimes it's a breeze

Sometimes love's blind...and sometimes it sees

Sometimes it's roses...and, sometimes it's weeds

Sometimes it's a bitch...sometimes it's a breeze



You gotta take it as it comes

Sometimes it don't come easy



I've run through rainbows and castles of candy

And I've cried a river of tears from the pain

I tried to dance with what life had to hand me

And if I could...I'd do it all over again



Sometimes it's a bitch...sometimes it's a breeze

Sometimes love's blind...and sometimes it sees

Sometimes it's roses...and, sometimes it's weeds

Sometimes it's a bitch...sometimes it's a breeze

Sometimes the picture just ain't what it seems

You get what you want...but it's not what you need

Sometimes it's a bitch...sometimes...it's a breeze

Well it's a breeze...it's a breeze...it's a breeze...



Yesterday was a "bitch" day -- Granddaddy's funeral. I didn't really get emotional until they asked if I would sing. I was given the choice of "How Great Thou Art" and "Amazing Grace." I chose "Amazing Grace" because "HGTA" has a LOT of high and long notes and it would be a stretch if I could hit half of them because:



1. I haven't sang like that in several years. Karaoke and/or shower does not equal wedding/funeral/choir.

2. My throat was tightening up just thinking about it (I think this was the main reason)



So I chose AG. Is it wrong that I enjoyed singing "Smackwater Jack" after practicing AG a few times a lot more (my dad was going to accompany me)?



Anyway, the funeral was a roller coaster of emotions. I myself didn't really get emotional until I was actually there. My mom was good one minute and then not the next. My cousin was far more emotional than I expected, and Grandmama was pretty much rock solid. I couldn't, however, throw dirt on the casket, I just couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment