Thursday, January 13, 2011

Farewell Dominica

So I'm finally settled in Miami, for now anyways. It took two days of constant back and forth little trips consisting of an unmentionable number of bags containing a broad array of useless crap to get here! Getting the furniture turned out to be a bit more of a hassle than I would've liked -- I had to sleep on my couch the first night (but it's a great couch!).

It still feels a bit surreal that I'm not going back to Dominica. When I came back to the states on December 18th (I shall forever remember that day!) I knew there was a chance that I could be repeating, just because of my "stellar" success on Minis 1 and 3 pharm. PS, I rocked the pharm final! So when I got my grades it all came at once. Joy, relief, a minute tinge of sadness, but it was all there. Then I began reading all of my friends' statuses about how they're all going back to "The Rock"as it is known by some. And then the surreal feeling set in. I'm not going back. That blasted island dominated my life for about a year and a half, it was in my consciousness every single day that I was there and I had to alter a great deal just to accommodate to that fact. And then poof! just like that I'm gone. I'm greatly relieved to be moving on to something new, and living in a place where idiocy is not The National Passtime, but it is just strange nonetheless. This might be my last post to have the "Dominica" label on it! I met some great people there (some greater than others...) and hopefully I will be able to keep in touch with those still there and those that went to Michigan. But for now, "Forward, the Light Brigade!"

No comments:

Post a Comment