Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Yet another rambling whiney post...

Aren't you thrilled??

I'm so ready to go. So ready to be done. At this point it's just apathy, nothing else. I feel like I couldn't pay attention to anything if my life depended on it. I literally have no ability to focus right now. Shoot me somebody??? Kthnxbai.

When I get stressed my aggravation is usually focused on one or two people...rightly or wrongly...and I don't like that. I need a time machine. I'm ready to move on. I'm tired of the stasis that is this island. Nowhere to go, nothing to do, nobody new to meet. It's always the same cycle. I'm so ready to be at home where not only my friends are, but there are new people to meet, prospects, chances, opportunities, and just plain variety. For a very long time I've been a bit of a lone wolf, recently that's begun to change, and it's incredibly frustrating, because I'm HERE...and who wants to get involved with that...Perhaps being here has made me more aware of my desire for companionship simply because there was no opportunity, regardless of whether I ignored it or not. Skype is only so good...

It doesn't look like I'll be with any of my close friends come January. Three are going to Michigan (which, to be frank, I anticipate will end in an all-out disaster). Even more are scheduled to still be here. As harsh as it sounds...some of them I'm glad I don't have deal with day and in and day out anymore...the drama is just too much. Some I will miss a lot.

Perhaps I'll go find myself some vermouth, and make myself a martini, shaken, not stirred.

No comments:

Post a Comment