Sunday, August 15, 2010

Almost there...

A former colleague of mine got married yesterday. Unfortunately I couldn't attend this one as I'm not quite done with finals yet. This whole geographic separation thing is a real drag...Thankfully I WAS able to attend Nasty's wedding in May. The same people were there, and that was a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there for AD's wedding. I, of course, sent my congratulations and she sent back with "We missed you and played You Spin Me Around in your honor". It's kinda nice to be remembered that way. Most of my friends at work know that is one of my favorite songs. We played it all the time in the lab, and danced to it all the time when we went out as a group :) Happy thoughts. It's kinda nice to be remembered for something like that. That was MY song, and it became OUR song. A QA geek thing! At Nasty's wedding in May it was the second song played and we were all on the floor in a circle, spinning around (duh!). It was our own little thing and it was fun. The guests there with whom I hadn't worked with were looking at us like we were nuts, but WHO CARES!! I wish I could've been there to dance around in a circle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment