Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A final adventure

So today I booked my ticket to Budapest and Prague. I have wanted to visit these two cities for quite some time. I will be spending about two and a half days in each city. I found a fare that was about half the price of a normal transatlantic flight, so I had to pounce.

I had wanted to go to Prague and Budapest while I was in Europe in 2007, but the times just didn't work out. As it turns out, I probably could have done a day trip to Budapest while I was in Vienna, but then I would have been pushing Vienna, ahhhh the decisions a traveler must make!! I'm going to stay at a youth hostel and hopefully will meet a few people.

I had a little trouble at first purchasing the ticket through Delta's website. I know they are in the process of merging with Northwest and all that but it was a little aggravating. Every time I tried to book the ticket on Delta it would say "This service is unavailable at this time" despite the fact that it was showing available. It was probably just as well because the flight I had looked at the day before wasn't available. I strolled over to Northwest's website and low and behold there was a better flight for a little less money!

I'm a little apprehensive about going by myself, BUT, I've traveled alone before, and I managed then just fine. I think this will be better because I'm a lot more outgoing person now, and I'm a lot more comfortable in my own skin. Without spewing a soliloquy of psycho dribble, since about March 2008 (New Orleans ACS) I've figured that I am me, and I'll do what I want as long as I get what needs to be done, done. I'm going down my path, and if you want to come along, GREAT!. If you don't, that's great too, but don't get in my way.

1 comment: