Monday, May 4, 2009

Excellent News!

Well, all the hard work finally paid off. I was accepted into Medical School!! Woohoo!!! Ok, it wasn't my first choice, nor was it how I had envisioned things turning out, but then, when does life ever turn out that way? I don't know who said it, but this past year I have learned that life is, indeed, what happens when you're busy making other plans.

No more uncertainty about tomorrow (about this anyway). No more waiting! No more sitting by while people whom you watched coast through while you busted your butt get where you wanted to go while you're seemingly stagnant.

While I'm excited, on the flipside it's going to be sad leaving work. I work with some great people, and leaving without making a clean break has never been one of my stronger suits. I don't want to just leave and never talk to anybody again because I'm 23 years old, and I can't keep starting over and over and over for the next sixty years. Frankly it would be easier if they would be rude and unpleasant about it!!! Haha. I'm just kidding about that! It's not going to be easy. Most of the people I work with are very nice, caring, and friendly people. More than I could have asked for. I don't think I was expecting Donald Trump or the fictional Miranda Priestly, but I wasn't expecting such a close-knit group of people to work with. I am thankful everyday for the great opportunity.

I don't want to make a big deal about it because it's enough to me that I'm going, and I'm going for me. My circle will know and beyond that it doesn't matter to me. I've learned a lot through the past year and this process. The most important thing is that a few good people in my life matter infinitely more than the many I know. What happens to them usually doesn't affect me, and I'm sure they couldn't care less about me, so why go through the trouble and draw attention to myself?? Most everyone will find out in time anyway, no?

So, that being said, I now have a long list of things ahead of me to do. Finances, housing, travel arrangements... the list is endless. Luckily planning is one of my strong points.

No comments:

Post a Comment