Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Second Year

Second year started intensely! I started on consults, which was predictably busy every single day. I like it. I'm considering doing a fellowship in C/L. It would certainly be a good lifestyle.

This month I'm back on inpatient. Which is about as not-as-exciting as I remember.

I can say that I feel a lot more confident in my abilities to handle situations. I still don't feel that I'm at the level I want to be in terms of diagnostics and treatment...but then again if I were I wouldn't need to be doing residency.

Part of second year also means doing buddy calls with the new residents. Which is really weird. One year isn't a lot of time and it's mind-boggling to see the difference, because at this time last year I certainly felt completely incompetent and inadequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment